1st Class LLB Land Law Revision Notes 2017
68 complete pages of extensive Land Law notes on Microsoft word.
These are my original notes, for which I obtained a first class mark.
Includes notes on:
General principles and concepts
- Meaning of property
- Different rights in land including proprietary and personal rights
- Different estates in land including fee simple
Ownership of the family home
- Co ownership and trusts
- Different types of trusts
- Joint legal owner matters
- Single legal owner matters
- Proprietary estoppel
Disputes over sale
- Sale by mortgagee/charge
- Power of sale
- Sale on behalf of trustee in bankruptcy
Leasehold estates and licences
- Exclusive possession
- Multiple occupancy scenarios
- Pretence and labelling
- Street requirements
- Ending a lease
- Bruton tenancies
- Obligations of landlord and tenant
- Enforcement of leasehold covenants
- Comparison of old and new tenancies
- Re Ellenborough criteria expanded
- Comparison of ouster principle and new standing
- 4 methods of creating an easement
Proprietary rights and purchasers
- Unreg and registered land
- Comparison pre and post 2002 legislation
- How to prove AP
- Analysing current law
Co-Ownership - England & Wales
The law in England & Wales for co-ownership has changed in recent years. This change is detailed with statute and case law.
Trusts of Land and Co-ownership
My notes are very thorough, detailed, and organised. They include everything you need to know to achieve a first on your modules. They\'re basically a compilation of my lecture notes, essential reading from various sources, as well as my wider reading pertaining each topic. They include not only information/facts, but in-depth analysis and critical commentaries of the laws, cases, and academic reading. Different text effects are used to separate, highlight, and emphasise important bits of information (which makes it very easy to read). All documents have also been revised twice to add the latest updates in the law and my reading.
Co-Ownership of Land
Land Law exam notes written from textbooks and lectures for Co-Ownership of Land. Formatted to be memorised and contains all the necessary information to achieve a 2:1 or 1st on the exam.
Co-Ownership - Northern Ireland
Co-ownership in Northern Ireland varies to that in existence in England & Wales. Joint tenancy, tenants in common are analysed and presumptions surrounding them are included. Methods on ending co-ownership via the Partition Acts are analysed.
This document includes the following:
- types of co-ownership and a comparison and contrast, including relevant sections of Law of Property Act 1925;
- requirements of both a joint tenancy and tenancy in common with relevant cases included;
- general presumptions and exceptions (relevant cases included);
- Severance (statutory and case law included);
- mutual agreements with case law to illustrate;
- forfeiture including statute and case law;
- impact on land register - statute law and case law included;
BPP Land Law GDL Revision and Chapter Notes
Selected revision notes on the Tort Law module for the GDL at BPP.
Ch5: Enforcement of Registered Land
Ch6: Enforcement of Unregistered Land
Ch7: Proprietary Estoppel
Enforcement Question Structure
Ch8: Freehold Covenants
Freehold Covenants Question Structure
Easements Question Structure
Note on Mortgages
Co-Ownership Question Structure
Co-ownership - Complete Exam Notes
These are the notes that I used to revise for my Land Law exam, in which I scored a good First Class mark. They are condensed and structured to make answering problem questions particularly easy, giving a brief outline to all the key cases and legislation in this area.