Unit 8 Assignment 2 - Terrorism and counter terrorism - P3, M2, D1
D*D*D* achieved for this course, BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Public Services. All assignments completed to maximum grade, and referenced where appropriate. Leave a review if you have any questions! Anna :)
Level three public services war and terrorism task 3
In the form of a presentation you must describe the impact of conflict upon UK public services. The report must be describing the effects of conflict upon the British Armed Forces (RAF, Army, Royal Marines and Royal Navy) .The presentation must describe the effects of the following duties upon the Armed Forces :
• Peacekeeping including ensuring the safety of the local population.
• Evacuation of UK nationals.
• Disaster relief.
• Refugees seeking asylum in the UK.
• Involvement in war crimes investigations and trials.
You must then analytically comment on the impact of conflict upon one of the UK public services. Choosing from one of the Armed Forces (RAF, Army, Royal Marines and Royal Navy).
Finally you must evaluate impact of war conflict terrorism upon one public service. Choosing from one of the Armed Forces (RAF, Army, Royal Marines and Royal Navy).
Level three public services war and terrorism task 2
In the form of an essay, you must describe key terrorism methods and key terrorist organisations.
Methods which must be include:
• Suicide attacks
• Biological and chemical threats
• Hostage taking
Key terrorist organisations whom must be included:
• Al Qaeda
• Aum Shinrkyo
For the second part of your presentation you must discuss methods used by UK public services to counter both national and international terrorism.
You must include all of the below counter methods:
• Undercover operations.
• Training for attacks including biological and chemical attack; threat assessments.
• Control of migration and bogus asylum seekers.
• Maintaining security of public buildings.
• Tensions between freedom of speech and other human rights issues contrasted with anti-terrorist measures.
• Awareness/vigilance campaigns/advertisements.
• Building relationships with communities.
• Educating the public.
• Cooperation with counter-terrorist authorities in other countries including sharing of intelligence.
You must secondly be discussing international counterterrorism methods in terms of their effectiveness. You must include:
• Financial measures
• Trade and sporting sanctions
• Direct retaliation
• US-led ‘war on terrorism’
Finally you must analyse the effectiveness of methods used by UK public services to counter both national and international terrorism.
Level three public services war and terrorism task 1
In the form of a speech, you must define war and conflict with mention to:
• Unarmed hostility
• Active military operations
• Conflict carried on by force of arms.
Secondly you must describe the causes of war and conflict.
You must include the below causes in your speech:
• Land and resources
• Historic rivalry
• Ethnic differences
You will need to submit the script used.
War And Conflict (level 3 public services)
This essay is for unit 8: impact of war and conflict, public services - level 3. This covers P1, P2, P3, P4, M1 and M2.