NR 504 Week 5 Assignment; Leading a Culture of Excellence Paper (v2)
The purpose of this assignment is to consider the value of a culture of excellence and leadership strategies which support a culture of excellence within the student’s selected MSN track. Students will identify organizational characteristics which support a culture of excellence. In addition, students will identify an existing organizational mission, vision, and values and create an originalconcept map to portray the interrelationships between each element. The extent to which the organizational mission, vision, and values reﬂect a culture of excellence will be examined. Leadership strategies which promote a culture of excellence and support the Chamberlain Care Model will be applied.
Part I: Concept Map
1.	Identify the mission, vision, and values of a selected organization.
2.	Create a concept map which portrays the relationships between the organizational mission, vision and core values, depic ting how they do or do not support a culture of excellence. The concept map must be your own, original work.
Part II: Written Paper
1.	In a three- to four- page paper, address the elements below. Use a minimum of four peer-reviewed scholarly sources, cur rent within ﬁve years, to support your work. See rubric for speciﬁc, required content criteria within each section of the paper:
a.	Provide an introduction to the paper.
b.	Discuss the characteristics of a culture of excellence.
c.	Present the mission, vision, and values of a selected organization, and explain the interrelationships between each elem ent in the concept map. Describehow the mission, vision, and values do or do not support a culture of excellence
d.	Discuss application of three speciﬁc leadership strategies which promote a culture of excellence, and how they support t he Chamberlain Care Model.
e.	Provide a conclusion to the paper.
Preparing The Assignment
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
1.	Abide by the Chamberlain College of Nursing Academic Integrity Policy.
2.	Part I: Create and submit a concept map as a pdf or word document.
i.	Concept map may be neatly drawn by hand or created using software.
ii.	Concept map must be clear and legible.
iii.	Concept map must be the student’s original work.
3.	Part II: Using Microsoft Word 2013, create the written paper for this assignment. Include a title page with your name, da te, and course information, as well as a reference page.
a.	The paper (excluding title and reference pages) should be three to four pages in length.
b.	A minimum of four (4) peer-reviewed scholarly sources, current within ﬁve years, are required.
c.	Sources older than ﬁve years may not be used without the permission of the class professor.
d.	Only one short quote (15 words or less) may be used within the body of your writing.
e.	Title page, running head, pagination, subheadings, body of paper, citation of sources, and reference page must follow AP A guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual.
f.	Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure are followed and consistent with formal, scholarly writing as noted in the APA Manual (6th edition).
g.	First person may only be used in the self-reﬂection portion of the assignment (see conclusion section for criteria).